Neck Pain Treatment at Secrest Family Chiropractic
You wish you could tilt or turn your head -- but your neck simply won't oblige without a cruel twinge of pain. Neck pain isn't just an agonizing issue that can interfere with your sleep, sanity, and everyday enjoyment of life; it's also a limitation that may render you unable to drive, play sports, or do your job. You'll be glad to know that you can relieve that pain in the neck without having to have surgery or take heavy painkillers. Secrest Family Chiropractic can serve as your source for natural neck pain treatment in Scottsdale AZ.
Neck Pain's Many Possible Causes
Your neck has more moving parts to it than you might realize. This delicate arrangement of vertebrae, vertebral discs, cervical nerve roots, and major muscle groups must all work in harmony for your neck to support your head and provide a full range of motion. The complexity of the neck allows for many possible causes of neck pain, including:
- "Text neck," a muscular strain caused by constantly tilting your head downward to view digital devices
- Repetitive motion injuries caused by certain sports such as tennis
- An acute injury such as whiplash, which may damage soft tissues while also pushing the vertebrae out of position
- Bulging discs that have lost some of their height, changing the intervertebral spacing and stressing the vertebral joints
- Arthritis, spinal stenosis, and other degenerative bone/joint conditions in the cervical spine
- Herniated discs that press painfully against cervical nerve roots
- Old internal scar tissue that limits motion
- An uncorrected long-term misalignment between the skull and the upper cervical spine, which may cause neck muscle strain
Chiropractic Treatments and Supportive Therapies
You most likely don't need drugs or surgery to enjoy lasting relief from your neck pain. Here at Secrest Family Chiropractic, we can study your cervical spinal alignment and discuss the nature of your neck pain, previous neck issues, and other factors to determine precisely why your neck hurts. We can then make use of chiropractic treatments and supportive therapies. We can make small but effective adjustments to your cervical spine, normalizing your cranial and cervical alignment. Massage therapy and acupuncture can relieve discomfort and enhance healing in painful neck muscles. Graston Technique can free neck tissues trapped by internal scarring. We can combine several of these techniques into your own customized neck pain program.
Bring Your Neck to the Chiropractor Scottsdale Trusts
Neck pain can be a continuing nuisance until you get just the right care for it. Bring your neck to the chiropractor Scottsdale trusts -- call Secrest Family Chiropractic today at (480) 994-4411 for an appointment!