At Secrest Family Chiropractic, we provide residents of Scottsdale, Tempe, Mesa, and the surrounding areas with natural and effective chiropractic care. Chiropractic care is an attractive option for upper back pain treatment because it is natural and non-invasive. Rather than masking your pain with prescription medication or resorting to invasive surgery, our chiropractor will identify and address the root cause of your upper back pain.
Common Causes of Back Pain
- Constant sitting
- Prolonged sitting puts excessive pressure on the bones in your back. If you are at a desk all day, try and walk around every thirty minutes. This will help you maintain better posture and take pressure off of your discs.
- Sleeping on the wrong mattress
- The best mattress for your back is a medium-firm. The age of the mattress is just as critical as the firmness. As a mattress wears out, it becomes soft and lumpy. Experts recommend changing a mattress every seven years or sooner if it begins to show signs of wear.
- Unhealthy diet
- An anti-inflammatory diet rich in fruits, vegetables, fish, chicken, and healthy fats, such as nuts and olive oil, can help reduce inflammation in the body that agitates chronic back pain.
- When we stoop or slouch, our back compensates to keep us balanced, causing stress on the spine. When standing, be sure your shoulders are back, the stomach is pulled in, and your feet are shoulder-width apart.
Back Pain Conditions
- Herniated or slipped discs
- The soft tissue between the disc has leaked out. It is typically caused by wear and tear. This condition presses on the nerves, causing pain in the lower back and hip.
- Degenerative disc disease
- The discs between the vertebrae shrink, causing friction on the bones. This is one of the effects of aging.
- Accidents and injuries
- Motor vehicle accidents, falls, fractures, muscle sprains, and strains can all result in back pain.
- Sciatica occurs when the sciatic nerve is irritated, resulting in back pain, weakness, tingling, and numbness.
Chiropractic Treatment for Back Pain
Chiropractic care consists of manual adjustments to correct spinal misalignment, relieve nerve impingement, reduces musculoskeletal strain, and reduce pain. Over time, chiropractic care will reduce your pain, improve your range of motion, and enhance your body’s natural healing process. Aside from traditional adjustments, chiropractic services we offer include:
- Korean Specific Technique (KST)
- Graston Technique
- Deep Tissue Therapeutic Massage Therapy
- Craniosacral Stress Therapy
- Spinal Decompression
- Cold Laser Therapy
Exact chiropractic techniques performed will vary depending on the cause and severity of your back pain.
Contact Our Chiropractor in Scottsdale
For more information on upper back pain relief or to schedule an appointment with our chiropractor, call us at (480) 994-4411.